In the event of problems during commissioning of the HM-KNX, please carry out the following steps:
- Create a so-called device dummy in the ETS (e.g. from GIRA, Jung, ABB, MDT, etc. via their websites or included in the application database packages).
- Assign physical address to the HM-KNX via dummy and program via ETS (either activate programming mode via push-button or „overwrite physical address“). The „Application“ itself should not be programmed (it causes no harm to try, but it won’t work)!
- Save the group addresses desired later in the dummy. Refer to the HM-KNX data sheet for available communication objects.
- All routers and couplers (IP routers are often forgotten!) must be retransmitted. Select the appropriate devices individually in the ETS, right-click, „Program“, „Application program“ – this step is important and is not mentioned for fun!
- Retrieve device info via ETS – the MUST work – otherwise further steps don’t make sense. Manufacturer code is returned 18437. If this does not work, check the above steps carefully or to be absolutely sure, disconnect the module briefly from the motor. If necessary, test the accessibility of the module at the desired address with „Find devices in programming mode“ (of course, activate this on the module beforehand).
- Install Falcon 2.x from knx.org (account required, free download).
- IBBConfig completely unpack and start (not from the zip archive).
- Select „Falcon“ as bus access method and configure it. Important: a „Standard connection“ must be set up.
- Use „Open“ to establish bus access. No error message may appear.
- Find the module in programming mode via „Find device“ or enter the physical address directly.
- „Identify device“ – this calls up the device info and makes sure that there really is a HM-KNX – hence the analogy to point 5. If it works in the ETS, couplers and routers or the topology are already correct. If it then does not work in IBBConfig, it is due to the missing Falcon or e.g. to restrictive firewall rules etc.. This occurs occasionally if ETS PC and IBBConfig PC are not identical and you try to use KNX/IP routing, for example with a laptop using a WLAN that is not multicast capable. For USB-Interfaces and KNX-IP-Interfaces which support only one tunneling connection the ETS has to be stopped in advance.
- Read current configuration with „Read from device“, if the module has already been configured. If this step is omitted, work can continue based on the default settings or the default settings can also be restored if, for example, flags were configured incorrectly.
- „Write to device“ writes the current configuration to the device.
- Per „Restart device“ or in case of doubt by briefly disconnecting the device from the drive motor (only KNX bus is not sufficient!) restart the device.
If the above order does not lead to success, please provide the following information
- ETS version used,
- Falcon 2.x installed and connection established (points 6-8) (yes/no),
- Description of the topology (e.g. „I have two lines: House and garage/exterior. My IP router hangs with address 1.0.0 in the main line, the HM-KNX hangs at address 1.1.x in the garage sidelines“),
- Manufacturer & designation of the IP router or the bus access („IP router ABB IPR/S3.1.1“),
- Step of the above instructions where it comes to the problem,
- Function other devices in the line
write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . With this information I can help you fast and purposefully.